Looking Forward To the Holidays

I am so freakin ready for the Holidays. This will be my first year celebrating here in the states in a long time and it makes me extremely happy to be around family and friends. Last year I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas in Belgium, the year before that Turkey, and the year before that Italy. Although I love traveling and experiencing how other cultures celebrate, it will be magical for me this year to experience actual...yes I said actual Turkey lol I can't wait for Black Friday shopping with my mom and my family's grand tradition of "Bayou Classic". If you don't know what it is read up on it;) My grandmother also makes some AMAZING Gumbo that will make you want to slap her. Not to mention cold cuddle weather, hot chocolate, peppermint tea, and candy canes. And if it's cold enough this winter here, I may even get to light my fireplace.

Now that I'm getting older, I realize just how important family is, and I can't wait to celebrate another year of an amazing life with mine. I'm so thankful for everything and everyone God has blessed me with. What better way to show him thanks by a ton of celebration and shopping:)

No comments:

Post a Comment