I'm 26!!! A Hearfelt Memoir

Yesterday I turned 26 years old. It's so crazy how time flies. If you would have asked me 5 heck even 2 or 1 year ago if I would be where I am today, I would have laughed in your face. What's that saying? If you want to laugh tell God your plans? Ok I totally messed that up, but you get the idea. So many things in my life haven't gone as planned, but I love the person it has made me into- a strong, independent, go-getter. I feel at 26 I have truly come into my womanhood and realize what makes me happy, what I will and won't stand for, and who I am. Every experience, success, trial, and failure has molded me into this individual that will stop at nothing to reach every single dream I can think of, and some. Some people get it twisted and think because they are ____ age they can't go back to school, go after their dream career, get married, go bunjee jumping, whatever! lol Age is obviously a physical and biological characteristic, but it is so much a mindset. If I believed that life was over after the devil knocked me down and told me I couldn't do or have anything I want in life...where would I be? This memoir is for me, but also anyone who thinks its too late to accomplish your dreams in life. Or even anyone who has experienced tragedy in their life but doesn't see the light at the end. My life is a testimony to all that it is never too late to find what makes you happy! I'm still fairly young all things considered, but I feel I have gained a mass of wisdom and knowledge in my twenties that will last me through the years. Life is just beginning for me and the possibilities are endless:) 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated! I feel the same way, turning 27 in October and even though my life hasn't gone as planned I'm still blessed. Sometimes things don't work out because God has better plans for us. God Bless. Wish you many more to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are so right girl. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was really touching in so many ways. I feel like turning 26 yrs old was a turning point in my life. Like I grew into my womanhood and chose to follow the plan God has for me. Happy Birthday Ciara and I wish you so many more years of wisdom, grace and back to back years of dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated!!! Best wishes to you!!

    ReplyDelete