Starting My New Year Off Right

 
It's that time of year...when every delusional human being in America decides to join the gym and "really get in shape" this year. Unfortunately I fall into the same miserable category. But at least I already had a gym membership right? 


Anyhow today I started back in the gym after a month long hiatus. I did some low weight reps on every part of my body (arms, chest, abs, legs) and did 30 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. It felt good to be back in the gym and hopefully whipping my butt back into shape.  


To take it a step even further I stocked my fridge full of fruits, veggies, and lean protein- and my cabinets with whole grains. I also took the $20 plunge to try "Ab Cuts" which is a dietary supplement promising to get me "ripped". My trouble area is my tummy, so I thought I would give it a whirl. Despite the bad reviews and the fact that it's a glorified omega 3 vitamin, we'll see what the results are! Excuse my cynicism, but I'm an MBA student and catchy marketing schemes rarely get me off. 


So my plan is to maintain a healthy lifestyle overall that includes eating healthy (not starving myself), working out regularly, and taking vitamins. What are you doing for your body in 2012?

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually in the same boat as you but I'm still trying to find my weight loss "edge". I'm a college student who lives in a dorm so healthy cooking isn't an option but wally world is my best friend so I figured I should be fine right? Nope, wrong lol. I go in there and I want everything I know I shouldn't have especially since I am a health major and know what's good and what's not. I figured, although I'm natural, I can't go wrong with swimming a couple times a week and walking while trying to eat as well as I can. Honestly I'm not a big girl at all but because of my short stature I look so stacked so I'm hoping to lose my stomach and look the way I did after I came back from Army boot camp. And I wanted to also let you know that on top of my regular vitamins I'm going to start taking Hairfinity because of @LOLITAPRICE and start on my healthy hair journey as well. You are amazing to follow and you are inspiring.
    Thank you,
    Mzgtgurl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you already know what to do but just need the motivation. Good luck with your fitness goals!!:) And thank you so much for the kind words. I love doing this and I'm glad to know that it positively affects those who read and watch me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you post before and after photos. So we can can see how your body is progressing, and how well the Abs Cut pills work.

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete